Many people have crooked teeth, and there are plenty of options for straightening crooked teeth. Our dentists at Maintain Your Smile Dental will recommend the best way correct your crooked teeth by carefully considering the severity of your case, the number and location of the impacted teeth, and your own personal oral health goals. While orthodontic treatment is generally effective at treating crooked or uneven teeth, it is by no means your only option.
Our dentists at Maintain Your Smile Dental are devoted to giving you the high-quality personalized care that you deserve.
Why do I need to treat crooked teeth?
It is important to fix crooked or misaligned teeth because:
- They can make your teeth more difficult to clean, often making you more susceptible to periodontal disease and tooth decay.
- Crooked teeth can also cause pain when chewing because of the extra and uneven pressure, and
- crooked teeth can even cause muscle strain leaving you susceptible to injury because of the lack of support for your jaw.
Your Rockford dentist at Maintain Your Smile Dental will be able to determine the severity of your case and develop a personalized treatment plan that will help you straighten your teeth, experience relief from any side effects, and ensure your long-term oral health.
Common treatments for crooked teeth
Your treatment for crooked teeth will depend on the severity of your case. Common treatments that we prescribe at Maintain You Smile Dental are:
- Braces—Braces will move your teeth to the desired location. Your orthodontist will discuss your options with you in depth and recommend the type of braces that will work best for you.
- Invisalign—Clear removable aligners that work well for mind to moderate cases.
- Retainers—Retainers work well for moderate cases. They will also be used after orthodontic treatment to ensure that your teeth do not move back to their previous, crooked position.
- Interproximal reduction—The filing down of some enamel to either decrease the size of your tooth or to reshape it.
- Veneers—Porcelain veneers will alter the appearance of slightly crooked teeth to make them appear straight. They will not, however, change the underlying structure and should only be used in mild cases.
- Surgery—Surgery will only be suggested in severe cases if the size of your jaw is the issue or if your crooked teeth is a result of severe overcrowding.
Your dentists at Maintain Your Smile Dental will work closely with you to determine the treatment plan that will give you a beautiful, lasting, healthy smile. Your oral health is our top priority.
If you have crooked teeth, don’t wait any longer to get the smile you’ve always dreamed of. Call our office today for your appointment!